Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Whoever told her Orange was the new Pink was seriously disturbed."

... Or were they? ;)

Yesterday I showed you some pictures of orangey lips/cheeks/eyes from the celeb world-- but how do these translate to everyday life?

I dug around in my Caboodle to find the products I already own which are closest to orange. Let's take a look at what I found!!

For lips: Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya (review to come!)





For cheeks: Maybelline's Expert Wear Blush in Apricot Flush


No blush~

With blush~


For eyes: Shades from e.l.f.'s 100 shadow palette





A nice, warm tone~





I added a little bit of purple, just for fun!






I think the "Orange" look is definitely doable for real life! And, I think it would actually work on any eye color-- it looks stunning with blue, as in my previous post, but I think it also looks nice with green, and it would compliment brown nicely, too! I think the key is to blend it, and have a nice neutral color in the crease, so it's just a hint of orange.

The cheeks look so youthful and fresh! I adore peachy-orangey-coral on the cheek! Just make sure it's the right tone for you, otherwise it can be quite scary...

And for the lips? Go for it!! A sheer formula will ease you into the idea of a bright lip. ;)

What do you think? I'd really like to hear your opinion!! Comment or email at beautymaven8@gmail.com OR Tweet me @BeautyMaven8!!

Until next time--
~Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment