So I tried to do the infamous Blake Lively tousled hair today. And to help me with this? Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly brand~ I invested in the shampoo and mousse.
See, I have fine straight hair that is moderately thick, so if I use too much conditioner I can kiss volume and any kind of hold goodbye. Eh, I know. But keeping this in mind, here’s what I did:
- Shampooed with Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Shampoo followed by Sunsilk’s heat protectant conditioner just on the ends.. cause it’s about time for a trim =\
- After brushing and towel-drying hair, I added the Tousle Me Softly mousse—about a tennis ball size—lightly scrunching the ends while my head was flipped over and then adding to the roots.
- I then rough dried my hair, and here’s a key! *Do not brush!* afterward!! I know it seems counter-intuitive, but I tried this one day and brushed it and they fell out after only a few hours. Sad day.
- Then, using a ¾” curling iron on the highest setting, I curled my entire head in layers. Here is another key! *Pull on the curl while it’s still hot!* Nothing too intense, just softly pull it to make it more of a wave than a Shirley Temple ringlet.
- Finished with Garnier Fructis flexible hold anti-humidity hairspray.
And let me tell you. I took this picture AFTER work. That means it held for more than 8 hours!! (Sorry for the bad quality picture.. I took is with my iPhone because I'm bad about remembering to charge my camera, haha.)
What do you think? Have you tried the Tousle Me Softly line? Do you have any special tricks to make your hair hold curl? And you curly-haired ladies—enlighten me!! Do you ever try to loosen your curls to waves, and what products/tricks do you use??
Until Next Time~