Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: Maybelline's Dream Mousse Concealer

Hello dolls!

I recently read a post on another blog about how amazing Maybelline's Dream Mousse Concealer is-- long-wearing, really pigmented, etc.-- so I decided to give it a shot!

You can pick this up as Walgreen's for $7.29-- and right now they have a BOGO 1/2 off sale.

I kind of remember when this first came out thinking that it would be waaay too creamy for my oily skin, and also that I had heard about the Mousse foundation being cakey... I was pleasantly surprised that this worked so well!!

I mostly use concealer for under-eye darkness and around my nose.
Here are some pics:

With on left, without on right:




Notice how it fills in my pores, too? Huh.. just noticed that, lol!



















I am really super impressed with this concealer!! It really covers well-- it doesn't take much-- and it stays ALL day! I was pretty stuck on Maybelline's SuperStay concealer, but this covers almost better and without being so dry looking. The only thing is that there aren't a lot of shades, so choose wisely-- I just happened to get lucky with picking the right one, haha.

*Tip-- use a concealer brush for better coverage with this. =)

What do you think? Might go try it? What is YOUR favorite concealer? Let me know!!

Until next time--
Beauty Maven

3 comments:

  1. I was using Benefit's Erase Paste but it only comes in 3 colors and the light is too peachy-pink for my light olive-yellow undertones. I might try this because the texture looks perfect but it will most likely not match my skin :/ you're lucky! it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dream matte mousse. I used the foundation until I ran out of my fair tone, and was too pale to start using my tanner one... so I just bought the dream liquid mousse because it was on sale. I find it is less likely to cake. But I've also loved the matte mousse line's cream blush, it blends really well. I will definitely need to give this a try- I love the lightness of the mousse. I never have loved any under-eye concealers, and that's the only place I really wear it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    Emily-- I love the Erase paste- really does what it says!- but it is SO pricey. Eh. =\ And I have read a lot of reviews complaining that it is entirely too peachy-pink, so you're not alone! What is your fave concealer so far? I think if we could compare arsenals we'd have some fun, haha!!

    Ember-- Thanks for the comments!! =) I always shied away from the foundation, but if it performs like the concealer then I'm sure I'd love it! I'm really tempted to try it in the fall.. I don't tend to wear foundation in the summer, just bronzer, haha! You'll have to play with my concealer, it really is impressive and honestly comparable to department store products. Thanks for the info-- I'm definitely keeping it in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete