Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Best Winter Face Moisturizer EVER

Hello!

We in honor of the recent snow in my area, I thought this post was appropriate!

Not only do I have combination skin AND sleep with a fan, but I also do not have any kind of humidifier whatsoever-- and thus this winter has been drying out my skin. (Oh no!)

To the rescue? The Body Shop's Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream!! ($18.50)


















Here's some info, according to the
website:


Best if you want to:
Give your skin a luminous, healthy glow with a nourishing daily moisturizing cream that contains light-diffusing particles to help minimize the appearance of fine lines.
How it works:
  • Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that moisturizes and helps to protect against premature aging and environmental aggressors.
  • Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and helps to soften and refine skin.
  • Super-fine mica minerals diffuse light to create a bright, illuminated complexion.
(*Head's up* It does not contain SPF.)

After seeing this product in a magazine, I decided to try it out. I used the normal face lotion before, but it was during the summer and it got too heavy for me. I remember playing with this before though and liked that it had a luminizer in it. Yay!

Time for some pics:



























Here it is not rubbed-in-- it's a light pink~




























Applied to the right side~ the reflection from the mica is in the pink family.

























See? Luminous without being glittery- and this was after I gave it time to soak in. Nice!

Extra tidbit, too: if you do decide to get this, be sure it's the *illuminating* one-- they have another jar that is Vitamin E with SPF that looks exactly the same!

What kinds of moisturizers do you use? How important is SPF to you? Do you look for multi-tasking products?


Until next time~
Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment