Sunday, August 22, 2010

Random!

Hello there!

Happy Monday, all! Hope everyone had a nice weekend =)
I went to a grand opening of an Ulta, and it was super-fun! Complimentary Benefit Brow Bar and also goodies with every purchase!! Pics to come along with my haul ;)

So this is a random post. Basically, I played with some new products about a week ago and wanted to share some thoughts~

First up- fall nail colors!

These are from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line ($7.49 at Walgreen's):
I played with some at the store, so this is just one coat:

We have Commander in Chic and Plum's the Word~

























Commander in Chic is a "greige" "mushroom" color which was popular into this last Spring~ it is a very nice color, this one coat doesn't do it justice.

Plum's the Word is more in stride with this Fall's trend~ the same "greige" color but with a hint of purple. (In fact, I liked this one so much I went back and bought it! Review to come-)


And now~ Garnier's new Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller ($11.99 at Target):
What it Claims:
- The first 2-in-1 eye roller to care for and conceal dark circles.
- Instantly roll away dark circles. Caffeine Gel + Rollerball energizes and stimulates microcirculation. Lemon Essence brightens. Tinted mineral pigments instantly corrects dark circles. Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller is right for you if you want to instantly correct the appearance of dark circles and brighten the skin around your eyes.

Ok so I did not purchase this, so I obviously cannot comment on it's effectiveness, but just look at this:

This is it rolled over my Henna tattoo:

2 views











































Ok... um... I'm pretty tan. And that's STILL too dark for me. Also, how many of you have heard to "go a shade lighter" on your dark circles, hmm?

Seems odd to me!

To be honest, seeing the color of this turned me off from trying it. Especially since I get pretty pale in the winter, this would just be a big mess. Ugh.

I would be curious to try some other anti-dark circle caffiene creams, though! Hmmm...

Thoughts?

Until Next Time!
~ Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment