Okay! Moving on to the last 5 in the LashStash!!
(Refer to the previous post for a rundown of this shin-dig.)
Benefit BADgal Lash, $19
- Full of "BAD-itude!" Oversized brush builds thick, beautiful and bodacious lashes. Is like a set of sexy black false lashes.. without the glue!
Initial thoughts: ..That's it?
Dear Emily: I am so sorry, but I really tried to like this mascara. It does a decent job on me, but you must have thicker lashes to grab than I do, haha!
The brush is huge-- which some people like, I just happen not to, since it hits my lid during application. As you can see from the pictures, it's not a huge let-down, but I was hoping for more volume and general bad-A-ness.
Buxom Lash, $18
- Holds the style of your lashes for a continuous 12 hours with no flakiness. Lengthens and thickens from root to tip without ever clumping. Patented, hourglass-shaped brush is designed to lift and separate every lash while delivering the perfect amount of antioxidant-rich mascara needed for bigger, fuller lashes.
Initial thoughts: I like this brush!
- I have heard many Sephora workers suggest this to people, including myself, so I was most excited to try this. It gives amazing definition due in part to the molded brush, which poor thing gave as much volume as it could. I feel like my lashes start out pretty thick at the base, but taper off toward the tip. I like my volume to be uniform, but it still is a really nice look.
Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara, $24
- Dramatically thickens, lengthens, and curls lashes. The lightweight, nutrient-infused formula leaves lashed super-shiny, soft, and clump-free all day long. This mascara uses advanced hair care technology to coat lashes with a "glazing" gel-formula that sculpts, holds, and sets each lash for maximum impact.
Initial thoughts: Clump-city!
Glaze, whaaa? I had no clue about the fancy technology of this mascara. Hmm. Though it did volumize well, and uniformly (haha), it didn't build well and was very quick to clump. It gives nice volume, but not very much length. The brush is also another soft brush, like that of Hourglass and Fresh Supernova.
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash, $22
- Gives lashes curl, volume, length, and intense pigment. Specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling. The tough, dense brush penetrates into the roots of the lash to ensure that the lash is completely coated with mascara.
Initial thoughts: When did I put on false lashes?!
- My first thought when I looked at the "tough dense" brush, whose bristles seem to spike out sporadically, was that this mascara was going to be a mess. Wrong! This mascara is AMAZING. It has it all-- volume, length, definition, color. Everything! It doesn't give insane length but dang it's still very acceptable. Just look at the pics!
Blinc Kiss Me Mascara, $24
- The famous pioneering, tube-technology water-resistant mascara. It forms tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes for maximum amplification and hold, rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, the tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Adds both volume and length to give a radiant natural look that lasts all day.
Initial thoughts: Where did my lashes go..?
- Okay, the tube technology is SO COOL. I love it! Though, this mascara is one I will likely not even use again, even on bottom lashes. It gave good length, but no volume whatsoever, like it claims. To have no volume, it should have some pretty impressive length, but it just doesn't. This reminds me of CoverGirl's LashBlast Length. It's more of a natural look, and might work well as a topper to another mascara to tube-ify it. We shall see!
So what do you think now? Of the 10, which do you want to/will try? I want to hear what you all think! Mascara is my favorite. =)
Until next time--