Tuesday, December 14, 2010

LashStash~ pt. 1

Hello all!

I was so floored by this little gift that I decided to try all 10 mascaras last night. Yup! All 10.... wouldn't you? ;)

I decided to do the LashStash in 2 parts, as to not super-overwhelm (like the e.l.f. posts.. hehe). So here's the plan:
- Name of mascara with link to it on Sephora, price
- Basic idea of what it claims
- Pic of the mascara, pics of me with it on (top lashes only), and my initial thoughts.

Please keep in mind, I am incredibly demanding of my mascaras-- all of these are good choices, but with different strengths/weaknesses, obviously. Just a head's up!
(Also, for a refresher on how puny my lashes are sans mascara, look here.)

Got it? =)

Let's go!


Too Faced Lashlight- $25
- Contains millions of microscopic mirrors that bounce light off lashes for a super-glossy, jet-black finish with an exclusive light up wand to spotlight each lash for the most precise application process. Thickens, lengthens, and conditions. Makes eyes look brighter, whiter, and camera-ready.









































Initial thoughts: Good mascara, but I didn't flip-out.
The brush is nice because it really grabs your lashes, so it does a good job at lengthening. However, the volume wasn't as much as I would like. I also didn't feel like it was very "jet-black." The light and mirror is a neat idea, but when would you ever need to apply mascara in the dark? I mean, very rarely, and the light sort of blinds you. Not executed well.


Tarte MultiplEYE Clinically-Proven Natural Lash Enhancing Mascara, $24
- Immediately increases the appearance of lash volume by 638% while increasing appearance of length with regular use. Fortifies lashes. Natural ingredients. Achieve maximum results by using as a part of the 3-step regimen.








































Initial thoughts: 638% Not so much..
- This mascara is not easily buildable. It gives great length, ok volume. It clumped a little bit, and I think the brush had a lot to do with it. Something's off, I can't quite pin-point it.


Sephora Advanced Lash Booster, $17
- Scientifically proven to enhance four lash characteristics: length, thickness, fullness, and strength. Uses 360 degree action to fortify your fringe to deliver and instantly visible volumizing effect. Harnesses "coating elements" with microspheres that triple the penetration of active ingredients. (Percentages on link above).





































Initial thoughts: Possibly the biggest disappointment of the bunch.
- You had to put on a lot of coats in order to have any real noticeable length/volume. Although it builds decently at the beginning, by the time you reach the point where the length/volume is noticeable, it starts clumping! Ah! All-in-all it gives fair length, but sub-par volume.


Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara, $28
- Offers multiple fringe benefits in one full-spectrum formula. Signature hourglass-shaped brush adds volume, length, lift, and separation. Jet black seen for dramatic impact.




















































Initial thoughts:I feel so fancy!
-
The brush is soft- in a good way!- and reminds me of Fresh's SuperNova mascara wand. FYI I like these wands for some reason, just seem to work nicely for building. It gives fabulous length! (I added in a 3rd pic to show it). However, after a few swipes I started getting those little itty bitty balls on the tips~ I habitually pinched them off before taking a picture, sorry. =\ The overall effect of this one reminds me of Maybelline's Lash Stiletto.


Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara, $22
- Volume-boosting mascara that naturally plumps and curls for maximum lash drama. Triple V brush coats lashes one luxurious layer at a time for full, longwearing, clump-free, water-resistant definition. Blacker-than-black lashes with a dewy shine. Natural formula. Argan oil conditions and supports hair growth for lush, supple, healthy lashes.























































Initial thoughts: This is it! I've found it!
-
This one truly delivers. Volume, length, and definition. Reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose Drama. Although it took a lot of effort/time to get to this point- it builds slowly- I think it was worth it! Look how fab my lashes look! *Bat*Bat* =D


So what do you think? Which one is your favorite out of these 5? I'll tell you which I loved the most Thursday, after you see all 10 of them. =)

Until next time--
~Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment