Sunday, January 24, 2010

Revlon Matte Eyeshadow

Hello! Hope everyone had a nice weekend~

I enjoyed "Review Week" so much I decided to keep going! This week I have some new eyeshadows for you!

Today I'm taking a look at the Revlon Matte eyeshadow collection. Not necessarily brand new, but matte eyeshadows are popping up in the beauty scene.

Here are the two shadows that I have --
Rich Sable and Vintage Lace. (What lovely names!!)

















Let me tell you about how I came about owning these two shades. The lighter shade is the boring story-- I wanted to find a nice cream, non-sparkly shadow to use on the brow bone so that my shimmery colors would stand out more. The end! But the darker shade I purchased because I had a pirate costume that I wanted to try and make my face look tanner and dirtier. My idea for dirt? Matte brown eyeshadow! Well, then I decided to play with it according to its real purpose, and was surprised to find that I -actually liked- matte shadow! Weeiiiirrd.... I mean, I am all about some shimmer. But I now know that matte has it's place as well!

Let's take a look~





















Here it is on-- Vintage Lace on brow bone, Rich Sable from lash to crease. No eyeliner* But smudged the shadow into the lower lash line.











In this picture I dipped my damp angle brush in the sable color to make eyeliner~













It's actually a really gorgeous, natural looking combination. I might have to try this more often! Funny how some items tend to be forgotten, with no good reason.. hmm.. Poor eyeshadow, haha!

Let me add this-- I believe that these matte colors are how celebrities like Kiera Knightly get that smudged/slept-in eye look.

Example:



























I found that the matte eyeshadow, though obviously not having any shimmer, was still very luminous. Also, as you see in the first picture of me trying it, since there isn't any shimmer in the color the focus is more on my eyes -- they look so green! This is all verrry interesting to me.. The matte shadow provides the definition and emphasis without competing. Nice!

If I were you I would definitely experiment with some matte colors--- it's fun to see just how different they look than shimmery ones! And these have a very nice, buildable and blendable consistency that is definitely worth the $4.99 price tag!!

This makes me want to try the blush... and lipstick... haha!!

What do you think? Have you tried any matte shades? Do you prefer them? Hate them? Leave me some feedback!

Also--- leave me a comment with anything you'd like me to reveiw/discuss. I'd be more than willing!!

Until next time~
Beauty Maven

1 comment: