Thursday, July 22, 2010

At-Home Beauty!

I have a fun story to tell.

So my lovely co-worker (the same one who was nice enough to let me borrow her Clinique mascara!), sent me a text message a few weeks back about how she was going to try doing a Mayonnaise mask on her hair to help with some dead ends, and she thought I might want to do a post on it. Heck yes! I love it!!

So I get to her apartment and she has a jar of Kraft Mayonnaise and some towels ready. (And Pretty Little Liars playing on the tv-- I'm so hooked on that show..)



















The idea is that Mayo has a lot of hydrating/oily ingredients that will help out thirsty hair.
Let's check this out:

Ingredients
Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Vinegar, Contains less than 2% of Egg Yolks, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Salt, Sugar, Dried Onion, Dried Garlic, Paprika, Natural Flavor, Calcium Disodium Edta As A Preservative.

Well, no doubt Soybean Oil is good, as are water and eggs-- but the vinegar and salt/sugar etc. aren't the best.

Here is a picture of my with the super hair mask!

























She put the towels in the dryer while we were applying so then we could wrap up our hair and let the heat help the mayo really penetrate the hair. After 10 minutes we rinsed our hair--- which smelled gross =\ -- and it was a little softer... but I think I'd call it greasy instead of "soft," haha! And once you used shampoo it was all gone.

If I were you, I'd steer away from Mayo as a hair mask, lol. A good at-home concoction is simply using Olive Oil, in the same way we did this (with the warm towel). I honestly have not tried Olive Oil, but in theory it is better than this because you have only 1 ingredient, and it's a non-greasy oil.

If you have tried either of these, (or have heard stories), please let me know! =)

Until Next Time~
Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment