Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guest Post: Curly Hair!

Hello all!

Well I have my Lasix TOMORROW, ahhh!! So I thought I'd put up a post or two since 1. I can't use a computer for a few days (I think?) and 2. Well, I haven't posted in a while, and I have a lot of my list!

Today I want to share some nifty curly-hair tips that I received from my beautiful friend. I am always anxious to hear about other types of hair since well, I don't have it, haha!

(G- feel free to correct anything I put on here!)

Her problem is activating the curl, and creating volume without frizz.
Here is her step-by-step plan of action:
- Straight out of the shower, she brushes it with a flat paddle brush, parts it, and clips it up in a bun.
- Once the roots are dry, with the clipped-up ends still being damp, she puts in the following products:
- Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse & Leave-in Conditioner
- Aussie Catch the Wave Scrunch Hairspray
- Big Hair Texturizing Salt Spray
(All of which can be found at Walgreen's, but not on Walgreens.com... grr.)

And then blow dry the rest of the way with a diffuser.

The kicker is: by smoothing out the roots first, they dry while being pulled so that eliminates frizz at the roots.

Here is a pic of the finished product! She is on the left* just in case you need to know. =)
(and an homage to my long hair... siiigh.)





















And here she is kissin' on her boy, but her hair looks FAB so I had to share =)




















Beautiful! =)

Anybody else have any tips to offer?

I've been reading that for curly/wavy hair, another key is to add as much moisture yourself-- conditioner, leave-in cream, serums, etc. -- because curly/wavy hair is more porous than straight hair, and it frizzes out because it absorbs the moisture in the air... so if it's very moisturized when you walk out the door, then less frizz occurs. Interesting!

Until Next Time~
Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment