Thursday, November 18, 2010

Red: Part 3/4 -- Red Eyes?!

Bonjoouuurr!!

Red eyes-- what?! Sounds kind of crazy, doesn't it??

Let's take a look =)

I decided to play with NYX's color "Rust" in both powder and eyeliner form~
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rust: $4.19 at Ulta
NYX Single Eye Shadow in Rust: $5.99 at Ulta





























Yeah... don't let your cat knock it off the sink... it breaks =(

Swatches:





















Weird that they um.. have the same name but.. don't.. match.. ?

I decided to have them side-by-side~
Powder on the left, liner on the right:


















Then I thought, hey! Maybe the shadow would be more intense over the liner!
(Left: shadow alone, Right: shadow over liner)

























Believe it or not, I actually kind of like this, hahaha!! I mean, I don't know about for everyday stuff, but for going out and such it's kind of fun!

Or you know, for your Boswer Halloween costume, to match your red mohawk. . .






















Hehehe. So! I LOVE the quality of the NYX shadow (besides it breaking when it falls from the counter to the tile... ugggh... bad kitty.)

The liner, on the other hand, SUCKS. Don't waste your money. I'm just glad it was BYGO-50% off when I got these. It creases so badly! I don't know why you would ever want cream on your eyes... just look at the pics-- and those were taken shortly after apply! WITH A PRIMER! Geez.

On a more practical note, the reddish shadow is fun to layer because it instantly warms up any color, example:
Matte Brown-->Brown/rust/-->Rust















Thoughts??
BTW you get to see a real red tomorrow ;)

Until next time~
--Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment