Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tried it Tuesday-- "Gucci" Hair Products, get excited!!

Hey there!

Well, the other day, I got a lovely text message from my best friend about how she received some "Gucci" (aka, super fancy!) hair products and she wanted me to try them. As much as I wanted to joke and say something to the effect of, "UM NO I hate trying stuff, duh." I just could NOT hold in my excitement!!!!!!!!!!

Ojon and Kerastase?! Yes PLEASE.

Picture of the glorious gorgeousness:
(Click to enlarge.)















Closer up:






































Background on these brands:
Ojon--
From the remote tropical rainforests of Central America, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair has been discovered. In their native language, they are called Tawira, or "the people of beautiful hair.™"
The secret to their beautiful hair and skin is
Ojon®, a rich oil extracted from the tropical Ojon® tree. This unique tree is native to the Mosquitia region of Central America.
Ojon® is proud to work closely with MOPAWI – a nonprofit group dedicated to promoting sustainable development in the native Miskito and Garifuna populations in the Mosquita region of north–eastern Honduras. La Mosquitia is home to the indigenous tribes that harvest the ingredients used in Ojon® products.

Kerastase
Since 1964, Kérastase has been creating new haircare services developed with the most advanced formulas. Dedicated to enhancing the natural beauty of the hair, Kérastase is based on 4 essential values: Performance, Expertise, Personalization, and Beauty.

Ok, so here's the breakdown of all of the products pictured above, with prices, in case you are entranced as well!

Products by Kerastase:
Bain Oleo-Relax Smoothing Shampoo for Dry and Rebellious hair, 8.5 fl oz. $34
Oleo-Relax Ultimate Controlling Elixer for Very Rebellious, Dry hair, 1.7 fl oz. $36
Mousse Nutri-Sculpt Bodifying Hair Foundation for Dry, Sensitized hair, 5.1 fl oz. $30
Serum Nutri-Sculpt Lustrous Repair for Damaged and Sensitized ends, 1.0 fl oz. $25
Oleo-Relax Anti-Frizz Mask, 6.8 fl oz. $58

Products by Ojon:
Shine and Protect Glossing Mist, 2 fl oz. $28
Revitalizing Mist, 4.8 fl oz. $26
Leave-in Glossing Cream, 4.25 fl oz. $30
Restorative Hair Treatment, 1.5 fl oz. $21


See? Gucci! =D

Since there were so many to try, I paired them by what hair type they seemed to go with.

Round 1: Kerastase's Smoothing Shampoo, Conditioner mask, bodifying hair foundation, and Controlling Elixer.

Results?: OMG AMAZING.

Keep in mind, I have naturally straight, fine, medium-thick hair. Not what you would call "rebellious" by any means, and only slightly dry from heat styling.

This day I used just a round brush to blow-dry my hair *note NO straightener!* to test out the anti-frizziness:










































So impressed!





















I can't believe how GREAT my hair feels! I really hate how much I love this, haha!!

I also adore the bodifying foundation mousse. My hair doesn't feel like it has any product in it at all, and I feel like it gave me some good volume and staying power, (since my hair is at that awkward length where it wants to flip), while truly feeling the silkiest it has in a long time. Oh, and no static!!!! That's my big concern in the winter, and today I had NONE! =D

Round 2: Ojon Mask, Leave-in Glossing Cream, and Shine mist.

Results?: Does what it says, but nothing too impressive.

The mask was interesting in that it's almost a solid, and you scoop some out and rub it in your palms to warm it up and make it oily. You then apply it to dry hair and leave on for 20 or so minutes, then shampoo as usual. It definitely left my hair soft, but not as soft as the Kerastase.

After blow-drying with a round brush, before glossing cream:





















With glossing cream:





















The cream didn't seem to do too much in the "glossing" department, but it did help tame flyaways. Also, the shine spray didn't do a whole lot but make my hair smell kind of weird.. I can't quite place it, but it's almost herbally? But in a bad way, haha... and very strong!

In a flash~
Kerastase: If you can afford it, it's AMAZING. Really truly impressive.
Ojon: Didn't work much better than drugstore brands, and was too fragrant.

If you have any questions on specifics, leave 'em in the comments or email me at beautymaven8@gmail.com and I'll try as best as I can to answer! I didn't want to load up this post with too many pictures~

What do you think? What's the "Gucci-est" product you've owned/tried?

Until next time--
~Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment