Monday, April 11, 2011

Mascara Monday-- L'Oreal Voluminous Naturale

Hello!

Hope you all had a nice weekend! I was actually ready for this Monday, which is one of the weirdest feelings, right?! I think I felt like that only because, for me, Monday = lazy. I'm totally down with that!

And because it means Msacara Monday, and you know how much I like LOVE MASCARA!!

Up for today we have L'Oreal's Voluminous Naturale, $7.49 at drugstores.
(Many thanks to my L'Oreal insider who gave this to me-- I love trying new things!)

What it claims: 
The new lightweight volumizing formula glides onto each lash smoothly and evenly to enhance fullness, without any clumps. The patented volumizing definition brush perfectly builds and defines lashes, for a clump-free, defined lash look. 


I decided to compare this one with Voluminous Original~ review here.

Naturale on top, Original on bottom. 

Naturale on top, Original on bottom.

Close-up of Naturale's Brush~  a molded bristle brush. 

Bare lashes

Bare lashes

Naturale on left, Original on right

Naturale on left, Original on right















Hahaha omg I didn't know I had some lingering hairs in between my brows-- oh geez! The things pictures show.. Just more evidence that you should take a picture of yourself BEFORE an event so you can see if anything is showing up odd....
That's a shame...

Anyhow! The review:

To be honest, I didn't find a noticeable difference in the two formulas. The Naturale is maybe a tad thinner? But you have to really pay attention to notice, haha. The main difference is the brush-- the molded brush gives more definition than the original, or course, but that's really the only major difference between the two.

As far as the overall effect-- to me, the Original gives a slightly more volumized look, whereas the Naturale lends toward a lengthening look (on account of it being so well defined).

The Original can clump at times-- almost randomly, haha!-- so it is nice to have the Naturale on hand to get rid of any potential clumps. I think the Naturale is a great "beginner" mascara-- it gives a dramatic enough look to tell that you're wearing mascara without the worries of clumping.


In a flash!~
Not bad, but the Original gives a more volumized look. Great for mascara newbies, though!


What mascara are you using now? Do you ever use two for a combined look? Do you prefer the molded brushes? Leave me some thoughts! =)

**BTW I wanted to put a note in here addressed to my regular readers. It really means a lot to me to get texts/tweets(@BeautyMaven8)/Facebook messages about things you've seen on here! I just want you to know that your kindness is so incredibly appreciated. =) It gives me even more reason to always have my desk in shambles, haha!
The things I do for you... ;)  And yes, that is a "Draw Dinosaurs!" book/kit.


Until Next Time--
~Beauty Maven


**Edit**

I decided I should share a dinosaur drawing with you. Behold, the Dapper 'Raptor!
I've been reading too much hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com, haha!

2 comments:

  1. nice post , nice blog , now i m following you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beauty Combat!! I'm always so so glad to get new followers!!
    ((Love your profile pic, by the way!))

    ReplyDelete