Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm

Hello there!!

Well I had a lovely haul at Target recently. =)

REVIEW TIME!!


First up: Revlon's new Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm, $8.99 at Walgreen's.

The shade I picked up is "Gothic" because I was feeling some BOLD red lips!!














This stain is neat in that it has a balm on one side, and the stain on the other, so you can just throw one product in your bag for touch-ups instead of TWO. Ugh... How annoying, lol.

Application:

At first it was a weeeee bit uneven~



















But after another go-over, it turned out nice!


























But don't worry-- it won't be as bold as the initial application, because as soon as you lick your lips, the "excess" comes off!





















However!- It did stay on very well!!

Although, it doesn't hold up to a fried chicken lunch..... siiiiigh....





















Which is where the nifty 2-in-1 product comes in handy!

(I just saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World so I'm in a "story-teller" mode, haha!)

Ok, now for serious:
This stain did do a pretty good job of staying on-- but it is not the best I've tried..
(And hold your horses! That review is coming later this week, I promise!)
It is nice to have the balm on the other end... but, 1. When I went to apply it, it BROKE OFF. Cry.. and 2. It's really nothing special. Sure, it hydrates, but it's not very shiny or has any longevity, etc.

A neat stain to play with, but if you are wanting a stain for the purpose of NOT having to reapply, I would skip this one~ it provides a nice, non-goopy color to your lips, but you would probably have to reapply once every hour/hour and a half.

Do you use stains? Like them? Hate them? Want them? Let me know!

Until Next Time~
Beauty Maven

1 comment:

  1. Stains always make me nervous! When I find the perfect color I love, it doesn't seem to have much staying power. Its when I find that awful color that I somehow have tricked myself into thinking I might like, that it stays FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete