Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Estee Lauder: New Lip Collection

Hello!

The other day I went into Dillard's to get some new colors from the Michael Kors for Estee Lauder line, (gorgeous pinks and corals!), and sadly the ONE lipgloss I wanted was sold out! Aww. But then the new Hydra Lustre Lipstick LOVE and Kissable Lipgloss display caught my eye-- 12 new super girly colored lipsticks. Yay!

Then I committed a beauty maven sin-- I purchased a color without trying it out first. No! The coral was just a little bit too bright for my liking.. it looked a little funny against my skin tone. You'll see!

So let's take a look at these... the colors I have are Coral Kiss (both for the lipstick $19.50 and gloss $18):

The Lipstick has "L<3ve" written on the side- cute! Which makes up for the old lady packaging..
















The color wears well but is a little on the dry side.

The lipgloss has cute packaging, too!



























Lipgloss:














Lipstick: (sorry for the blurriness..)













Lipstick + Gloss:














(See?! Looks like the flash is messed up but this really is the color!)

It has a non-sticky feel and a semi-mango scent. However, as with many glosses, it really doesn't have much staying power. If you're interested in one of the glosses, I'd get the corresponding lipstick just to make sure the color stays put!

I signed-up for a make-up consultation with their visiting make-up artist next week, so I think I'll try out another color and/or return this =\ I really want to like it!

What do you think of this new collection? Love it? Not impressed? Gonna check it out? Lemme know!

Until next time~
Beauty Maven

No comments:

Post a Comment